Thursday, January 10, 2008

New year, more waiting.

Here's what we've learned thus far from the day-o-testing in December out at CCRM.
K: all chromosomes OK, not a carrier for Fragile X, very constricted uterine blood flow.
D: all chromosomes OK, not a carrier for Fragile X.
Everything else will be reviewed at our follow-up appointment next Monday. 

I do have to tell you I'm afraid of what the RE will say.  Compliments of Dr. G**gle, I think the blood flow think might be the deal breaker.  Now this might be completely false, but *still*.  If it wasn't potentially a problem, why would they test/look for it?

Over the summer, we had dinner with some friends who had just signed with an adoption agency that day.  I found out last night that they were leaving today for Uzbekistan to meet their new daughter.   Fabulous for them, but my heart did sink a bit.  Lapped yet again, by adoption no less!  

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Best of luck with your follow-up appointment. I'm looking forward to hearing what the RE has to say. I hope it's better news than you're expecting.

kgriffin said...

I'm not sure if you ever went to Hannah C for accupuncture - but I know when I did accup, for fertility (with her and someone in NC) a lot of what they do during the first 1/2 of cycle is to increase the bloodflow to the uterus and ovaries.