Wednesday, July 30, 2008


HOLY COW. The phone just rang and it was CCRM.

2 embryos are normal.
1 abnormal. w/ an extra chromosome on #16 and #19.

Interestingly they don't give the gender info until after you do a transfer. (not that it matters...)

Not sure what to do now.


Monday, July 28, 2008

Nothing yet

Just an update to let everyone know I called CCRM again today to see if I could get any more information. Nothing to report because a) no one knows anything and b) I kept getting transferred. Finally I got a # for someone in the lab (not John), and left her a voicemail. No idea if she'll call me back today, or what.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Now with added waiting!

You might be expecting some news, huh? Well, tough, because you're not going to get any anytime soon.

I sucked it up and called CCRM yesterday for an update, see where we stood with the CGH results.

The nurse who called me back (on voicemail) said it'd probably be another week, the lab has been a bit backed up. The results were coming in more at the 6 week point than any earlier and that we probably had another week to wait.


So now we get to wait some more.

But in the 'it could be worse' vein, I heard news recently about a friend who was in a serious motorbike accident with her DH. Her husband is in a coma and they were going to take him off life support today. They had only been married 2 years, and hadn't even gotten to have problems like we are. It could definitely be worse. Now I'm waiting to see where/when the funeral will be. He was 31.

Monday, July 21, 2008

the wait continues...


No news.

Still waiting...

Thursday, July 17, 2008

What's new?

Oh, still waiting? Um, yeah. STILL WAITING.

I wanted to give a shout out to all of my Resolve peeps. Welcome!

In other news, my mom had a knee replaced yesterday, so I've been on mom duty this week, and next week until we leave for Canada. She's still in the hospital (Riverside) and is doing fine. Well, fiiiiiine if you ask her. She's getting some good pain meds, which makes everyone happier. :-)

Oh, and there's cellphone coverage where we'll be in Canada, just in case we don't get THE CALL before we go.

still waiting...

Monday, July 14, 2008

New day, same wait

Wow, look at that date! For the 4-6 week wait, next Friday 7/25/08 will be the 4 week mark.
Not that I'm counting. No, definitely not.

Until then.....

Sunday, July 6, 2008

still waiting


still waiting...

s t i l l w a i t i n g . . .

At least D is home from his whirlwind work trips, which is very nice. I'm trying to come up with worst-case-scenario plans for when none of our embryos are viable. I don't think D's thought much about it at all. If anyone knows how to speed up time, please, by all means, do so on our behalf!

s t i l l w a i t i n g . . .

Wednesday, July 2, 2008


It's only been ONE WEEK since our embryos were vitrified. One down, 3-5 more weeks to go.

I really don't think it's possible for time to go any slower.

We have no plans for the fourth, but are watching a friend's dog while they're on vacation. Maybe the cat-box room will get some attention, maybe the garden. There's lots to do, and WAY too much time available to do it in.

I think I'll go read my blogs instead. Yes, much better idea...