Wednesday, August 1, 2007

a BAD day

So, ya'll know I work PT... Thankfully today was a work day. I was hoping it could be a good distraction from the obvious.
That flew out the door at about 9 o'clock this morning when I was frantically running around the house trying to find my paperwork for my blood draw for my BETA. It was nowhere to be found... 9:15... 9:30, nothing. 9:45 still nothing. The cutoff for STAT orders at Labcorp is 10am, but I have to be at work at 10am and it's now 9:50 and I have no paperwork. Ok, fine. I call the RE and leave a frantic voicemail (which they of course don't get until 10:30...too late) and head to work.
It's a bad day already.
So, I get out of the car, carry my things into the store. Things= 1 24oz plastic cup of crystal lite w/ gladwrap on it to prevent spillage, purse, power bar for breakfast, and a box of tissues b/c my allergies have been acting up. Somehow I walk in the door and my cup goes FLYING, hits the floor, and proceeds to spew all over the floor, some boxes, everywhere.
I lost it.
Long story short, the paperwork did appear (at the other store, I have no idea how), the RE faxed new paperwork to me, and I went to get the blood drawn at lunch. So now I won't find out the Beta # until tomorrow morning.
ARGH.

The day did get mildly better after 10:30am, but could it really get any worse? Really?

Oh! When I got home this afternoon and got the mail, there was a nice bill from the lab for the assisted hatching. Niiiice.