Thursday, November 15, 2007

CCRM update!

This morning we had our CCRM phone consult w/ Dr Surrey. It went well. He had lots of ideas of what could be going wrong, and how to test / look for the problems. He also suggested a couple of different protocols to try if we cycle again. (still on the fence about that) Regardless, he said he wanted some tests done to see if we could narrow down the problems w/ my eggs (genetic abnormalities? poor quality? low ovarian reserve?). He didn't think D was an issue b/c the early m/c problems are usually egg related. SO, I need to wait and talk to one of the nurses in the morning to see when we could schedule the next step. That means I'd be going out to Denver either the 1st or last week of December or the 3rd week of January for testing.
He also recommended the Clomid challenge test, I'd be interested to see how I handle that, too...

I've never been to Colorado... it should be fun*

*as much fun as one can have when being poked and prodded...

Anywho, the Dr. was chock full of 'next steps', we just need some testing and then make a decision.
Could there be hope in Colorado?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Wow, that's great that the dr seemed to have some new ideas.

And have I ever told you the story about my time in Colorado? Hehe, maybe I shouldn't before you head out there. :)

Do you ski? I'd be majorly jealous if you went skiing in Colorado.

I'm so happy for you. Can't wait to hear more updates.