Monday, December 22, 2008

All's well

I had my 16w appt today. (!!) I was honestly a bit disappointed when I did NOT get an ultrasound, nor any pictures (evidence) to bring home to post here. I did get to listen to the heartbeat, which was just perfect at 152bpm (beats per minute). There was a little 'pong' sound I could hear along with the heartbeat and the nurse said that was him kicking me. It seriously sounded like an atari pong sound or something. I'm not feeling anything yet that I know of. The nurse said I should feel kicks in the next 2-3 weeks. Amazing. I also have TWO other pieces of good news to share!
1. I have officially gained ONE POUND.
2. And I got a prescription for Zofran, the miracle nausea drug usually given to chemo patients. That makes me feel a bit better about travelling over the holidays, for sure.

In the past 3-4 days, I somehow have a bit of a belly. I'm sure my mom will take pictures when we're at her house, so I'll post some then.
An advance thank you to Cindy and Cynthia for the warm weather preggo clothes-- it's supposed to be 80(!!!) in FL, which means I definitely can't wear jeans and long sleeves. Time to break out the short sleeves and maternity shorts. There's just no way my shorts would fit now. I guess my body is being very efficient about stretching that ONE pound as far as it can.

The next appt is the big anatomy scan on January 21st. It's all so amazing. And I still can't believe I'm here.

7 comments:

DAVs said...

Believe it! Believe it!
I'm glad you got the Zofran. I hear it's good stuff for this. Happy Holidays!

A said...

God bless modern pharmaceuticals...

Cindy said...

So exciting! Come get all the tanks and t-shirts I have for you. :)

Lost in Space said...

How exciting to know you will be feeling those kicks in a few short weeks!! Yup, this is really happening!! Enjoy the warmth of the Florida sun.

g said...

YAH!!!!!!!!! 16wks!!! thats awesome!!!
Glad the Zofran is working sorry you still have to be on it though :( i hope that supsides very soon!! Hope you enjoy the warm weather down here.. its 51 today! chili for us! have a safe trip! BTW what did theydo at your apt? i have my 16 wk on Jan 15th. Have a great holiday!!

Jill said...

Congrats on 16 weeks! Woohoo! Glad the Zofran is finally helping. Happy New Year!

tryingin2007 said...

what an awesome post! maternity shorts are very exciting! love it!

:)