Thursday, March 1, 2007

Game Over

Well, it's official. I'm not pregnant. The blood test (aka 'beta') was negative this morning. I could have told you that as early as Sunday, but there's this damn thing called hope.
I have to go back for another beta tomorrow just to confirm that it's negative and not a lab error or something. (yeah right) The ONLY upside at this point is that I get to stop the huge shots nightly and actually carry a laundry basket downstairs. Lovely.

So, what's next? We're currently taking donations (monetary, not egg or sperm (well, not yet!))for another cycle. I think I would like to try another one, with perhaps a different med protocol. Perhaps get a 2nd opinion or try another clinic? I don't know. At minimum we can't cycle again until May.

If a 2nd IVF/ICSI cycle fails, I have absolutely no idea what we'd do. Gestational surrogate? Egg donor? Adopt? No clue. There are "options", none of them particularly good and all quite costly.

The action plan for TODAY is to join a gym and weight watchers.

Well, maybe I'll do that tomorrow. ;-)

No comments: