Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New fun

Well, the phone rang this morning and it was my local Dr.'s office. I guess they *just now* got the results from Thursday's bloodwork/pee tests. (little bit slower than CCRM's pace!) Turns out I have a Urinary tract infection *and* am now anemic. Greaaaaat. So, I have two more meds to take: an antibiotic and some iron pill that had to be special ordered in at the pharmacy.

Oh, it just gets more fun, doesn't it?

Btw, somehow D always gets a sinus infection / lung / cold illness in the fall and winter. I pretty much never get whatever he does. It's pretty reliable. He's on the mend with his own antibiotics, tho he always has a lingering cough that is, well, annoying. If only they sold cough syrup by the gallon!

8 comments:

Lost in Space said...

You 2 are needing some extra TLC, huh? Sending lots of hugs and get better quick thoughts to you.

Cindy said...

Oh, man! It's good they caught the anemia early... that can't be helping the tiredness!

Polly Gamwich said...

I HATE UTI's and I can't believe you had to wait so long to find out!! Definitely NOT CCRM :-P

You know, I'm making DH get a flu shot this season ... last season I got my first one and I didn't get a cold/flu until after HE INFECTED ME!!! Argh!

Looking forward to Friday ...

Josée Martens said...

Ohhhhh. That sucks. Luckily they have pills to quickly knock out each of those problems. Hope you are feeling well!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I feel your pain. I have had two UTIs this pregnancy, and two other different types of infections. Make sure you don't miss any antiobiotics! I read the our immune systems get supressed during pregnancy. Lovely! Well, I hope you're feeling better. I've been in bed the last couple days because I can't hardly walk with my back, so feel free to call if you need someone to vent to! Can't wait to hear about your u/s on Fri.

Anonymous said...

Oh I also made a new blog so I can whine to other people while I lie around and feel sorry for myself so I guess my comments will be under this blog name now. (I like the blogging; now I don't have to be asked "how it's going" all the time and can direct people there :)

Lisa said...

Hang in there! At least you know it's not anything to do with the pregnancy. but I know you won't feel totally better until the ultra sound.

DAVs said...

Ugh, sorry about the anemia. Hopefully those whopper iron pills will cure you right up!
Thanks for all the CCRM support :)