Thursday, February 15, 2007

ER (egg retrieval)

Other than it taking us an hour and 20 minutes to get to the RE's office, everything went very smoothly this morning. The usual commute time is 20 minutes. Yeah. Not. Fun.

They rushed us right in in fear that my eggs might have released already. Thankfully they were still there, but only 7 were retrieved. Some of the follicles were empty.

It was not as bad as I had thought. Only mild discomfort, a little crampy, and rather quick. Now, the aftermath is a bit different. I tend to not react well to anesthetics. I've been nauseus all day and only puked in the car on the way home. Fear not, I came prepared with several 'puke bags' just in case.

I am still crampy and nauseus, and my mouth feels like I have a really bad hangover (cotton mouth). I might go take a nap now.

Next report will be tomorrow when they call to give us the fertilization report and tell us whether we'll have a 3 or 5 day transfer. I'd imagine a 3day because there are only 7 eggs, but we'll see.

Thanks for checking in!

No comments: