As some of you might know, we own a minivan. We don't have kids. This usually brings on the questions of "What in the world are you doing with a minivan?" "When are you having kids?" and "Where are the soccer stickers?". I do have to confess tho, we love the van.
It's a 2006 Honda Odyssey EX.
Here is my top 10 list of reason to own a minivan if you don't have kids.
10. can haul lots of stuff from Home Dep*t.
9. including sheets of drywall... flat.
8. landscaping? Need trees? No problem!
7. great for visiting relatives, no need to take 2 cars.
6. it's a comfortable 'road unit' for long road trips.
5. great for hauling dogs on vacation.
4. makes trips to those warehouse clubs easier.
3. easy to travel with D's friends on their 'man weekend' trip. I don't know many vehicles that can comfortably seat 5 men over 6'.
2. instant 'stupid points' for driving mistakes like turning R from the L turn lane (not that I've ever done that locally...)
1. because we *might* have kids. If we do, it'll be perfect.
(ahhh, that eternal optimism. It'll get ya every time.)